Monday, February 23, 2009

Bloggng from Melbourne Central

From my lofty view here on the second floor of Melbourne Central mall, it has gotten a lot easier than it was an hour ago to look down upon people.

Some of my more psychically adept readers may be asking themselves the following question; "I wonder why Althea is blogging from a noisy place awash with various greasy odours wafting from the food court, when she has access to at least one free computer at any given time at her sister's apartment?"

Which is indeed, an excellent question. To which my answer would be "Because I braved close proximity to a recruitment agent, and as a direct result got locked my keys and wallet in my sisters apartment!"

*pauses for the ensuing applause and standing ovations*

Yes, it's true. My genius is unparalleled.

Luckily for me and my genius, I was still able to get money out of the bank. This was a result of the fact that I carry the contents of Morocco in my handbag. Despite not having keys or wallet, I had my US passport in my bag.

Go pack rats of the world!

2 comments:

DaBich said...

LOL, I hate that, so I have an extra set in my bag at all times. Plus one at home in the closet, just in case!

So, how did the meeting with the recruiter go?????

Haha my password was messes

Althea said...

So, how did the meeting with the recruiter go?????

Which one? I've met with so many of them now, that their faces have all morphed into this huge, foul HR megabeast.

There will be more news over the next week or two. But, as at the moment, nothing is certain, and my superstitious self ain't jinxing nothing for nothing.