Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Lea-ving On A Jet Plane...

The command decision has been made. Rather than hide out here like a rabbit in a warren gathering carrots, come the end of January -and my current contract- I'm leaving. I'm going to take a week after I've finished to pack my necessities and tie off any loose ends that may be dangling precariously and I'm just leaving. I'm going to get on a plane* and I'm going to savour the feeling of being lifted up from the earth into the sky. Then, shortly afterwards, I will find myself in good ol' Tullamarine and be on a SkyBus with my luggage. My talented and hard-working sister and boyfriend are going to put me up in their 3-bedroom apartment until I get a steady income and, subsequently, a lease of my very own. Because they are just very beautiful people.

I am so stoked about this. My sister lives in a great neighbourhood. So many options. Five minute walk from the train. Two blocks from an Asian Bakery. Around the corner from a branch of my bank. A train's distance from Federation Square, Melbourne Central, hundreds of great bars and restaurants, and probably the place of my future employment. A train-and-tram's distance away from St Kilda and IMAX. Seriously cool.

Once I have a reliability of cash flows, I will find a nice 1 bedroom apartment in one of my preferred suburbs that won't break the bank, but hopefully has a decent kitchen and a bath tub. I will return briefly to Canberra to pack up the rest of my things and haul them to my new place. I shall then proceed to unpack, organise and decorate my apartment with various things, put it together with creativity from a combination of acquisitions to date and new purchases. I will both further my healthy routines and nurture my semi-regular bursts of creative pulse. It will be lovely.

From there, the adventure will continue. To where, who can say? There are too many cool-looking branches to see the top to the trees. Time to get in and swing amongst the vines some.

That's the plan that will be executed within the foreseeable.

And it's fucking good one, if I don't say so myself.


*Which will cost me < $40, because Tiger Airways rule.

4 comments:

American Guy said...

yay for melbourne. let us know when you get to town.

DaBich said...

Sounds like a grand scheme! Hope all goes well.
I can feel the excitement coming thru!
Good luck!

Althea said...

Will do AG.

Thanks DB, very much appreciative of the well wishes.

Anonymous said...

Is it difficult for one to become a citizen of Australia? How do the laws treat the blind, or disabled?