Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bluetastic

I'm adorned with a bit of blue this eve. I've been in a crappy mood since I got off the phone with my sister trying to convince me to essentially "take whatever I can get" regarding job and salary when I get to Melb. Gar! I get it, she doesn't want to put me up for ever, and the economy is crap at the moment, but having my little-big sister essentially advising me not to aim high and not negotiate anything offered is just not cool. 'Specially since we're meant to be encouraging each other in our mutual ventures. In any case, personally, I'm with short-haired, middle-aged blonde woman that I did some vocational training about 6 years ago....

"Don't give advice unless you happen to have walked on water within the past eight hours"

Convincing my sister of that though....miss worrywart, meddle-monkey extraordinaire....chances of that?

Forget it.

And, on top of not being able to find my pink and purple bead box, I can't find my green bead box!* It disappeared along with the pink and purple bead box on time with the Christmas decorating madness that occurs each year (ie complete re-arranging of the house by my mother who at present is conveniently outside the realm of phone reception in Tasmania) - only this time with more disastrous results than usual. I love my pink and purple bead box and miss it dearly, but I need my green box! I'm surrounded by other beautiful colours, but they're not what I want. Reds and yellows are too hot for this weather. Blacks and whites are too stark. Browns are alright as an accent but not as a main colour. Orange is, well, orange. (Seriously, does anyone like that colour in abundance?) And blue is a great colour. It's soothing, it's smart - but I just finished a piece using heaps of it. If I use for another piece, I'll OD on the colour blue!

Universe: give me back my green bead box!!!!!

I should be applying for jobs. I don't want to apply for jobs. I'm sick of applying for jobs. Now that my contract's done, I'm going to be applying for jobs every day until I get one.** That's both annoying and lame.

You know what else is both annoying and lame? Two out of three of my old, dear friends from university dorms that have been my buddies for six years bailed on me for drinks last Friday that I took pains to book them in for a month in advance. Screw 'em. I love 'em still, but screw 'em. That's the last time for the forseeable that I'll be making the effort to get together down the one-way-street that is my relationship with those two gels.

*sigh*

There are positives here. I'm getting out of this crappy, crappy town. Next week in fact. I have a darling sister who is usually very supportive and kind, despite being a Nervous Nellie. I had my very first facial ever today and it was a pretty cool experience.^ It may have been somewhat placebo-esque as far as appearance and epidermic health is concerned, but my face loved it and felt all smooth and spongy afterwards. I also went grocery shopping for the week today and I have enough food to last me until I head south. And I had a really nice dinner last night with my now ex-colleague who is just...well...human candy. She is sugar and spice and everything nice, plus a little bit of wicked. We parted which was kinda sad, but we parted friends.

And, hey, I don't have a loser boyfriend. That is always a plus.

This sookarific post has officially come to an end.

Tomorrow's another day.

Bring it.


*Yes, I have several bead boxes dedicated to one or two colours. I used to keep all beads and bead related products in a good-sized fishing tackle box, but the beads outgrew it.
**Or get a pet monkey that has
minimal needs and a six-figure salary working as an actuary. It could happen.
^Nonetheless, if I hadn't got a 75% discount on the price, it would have been no way Jose.

2 comments:

American Guy said...

facials and their related ilk are always worth doing when one needs a bit of pamperng.

Life is better in Melbourne, so hang tight till next week. You'll get through it.

Althea said...

Danke AG.